The Baroque Church of St. Martin is located on a hill above the village of Srednja vas. The monumental and quality Baroque architecture of the parish Church of St. Martin in Srednja vas is adorned with a choir with a fence and Rococo inspired organ by Johann Gottfried Kunst from 1830. The organ and the choir were both restored and renovated in 2002, so they are worth to visit and listen to.
The church stands on medieval foundations, it was already mentioned in the 15th century and improved in the 18th century. It is situated on a beautiful location with a view of the upper and lower Bohinj valley.
Paintings by the following renowned Slovenian painters are found inside and outside the church: from Baroque painter Franc Jelovšek, Matija Koželj from Kamnik to Matevž Langus, a friend of the most famous Slovenian poet France Prešeren.
The amazing location is further highlighted by the bell tower with a typical bulb-shaped cap. Besides the quality Baroque architecture, one can also admire the frescoes by the Baroque painter Franc Jelovšek (sundial etc.) on the southern outer side of the church and the Assumption of St. Martin behind the main altar.