The parish church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, stands at the edge of the Bohinjska Bistrica village on a plain ground in the centre of a cemetery. It was mentioned by Janez Vajkard Valvasor at the end of the 17th century. The original Baroque building was replaced by the Neo Romantic and Neo Renaissance church at the end of the 19th century . The Church was mentioned by Janez Vajkard Valvasor at the end of the 17th century.
The church paintings are the work of Matija Koželj, a famous Slovene painter from Kamnik. The two side altars represent St. Joseph and St. Mary Immaculate.
The marble statue signed by Jožef Grošelj from the end of the 19th century is also of artistic, cultural and historical importance. The statue represents Janez Krstnik Mesar (1832 – 1895), who is responsible for the modernisation of the cheese making procedures in Bohinj. Next to the church is a tombstone for 40 workers killed during the construction of the Bohinj railway tunnel in the beginning of the 20th century.