Cow’s Ball in Bohinj
The biggest holiday in Bohinj!
Cows’ ball in Bohinj is the oldest event, which was mainly a holiday for the locals, who rejoiced at the end of the tourist and grazing season all the way until the 1950s. Tourist Association Bohinj has been organizing the event for more than 60 years. The event is attended by herders, who bring decorated herds of cattle from the higher mountains and bring “basenga” on their shoulders (everything they need to make cheese and other things necessary for life on the mountain). In the idyllic Ukanc we always provide a rich program with an ensemble, folklore dancers and brass bands as well as a good home-made food and drink. Cows’ Ball is a real Bohinj holiday you should not miss.
This year Ensemble Saša Avsenik will play. The moderator is Klemen Bučan.
- Music Ensemble Sašo Avsenik
- Bohinj herders
- Folklore group KD Bohinj and KUD Triglav Srednja vas v Bohinju
- Brass Band Bohinj
- Mali oglasi band with line dance dancers
- Home-made Bohinj food
- Bohinj cheese
- Presentation of agricultural and forestry machinery
- Children’s workshops
- Presentation of CIKA`s – an autochthonous breed of cows
- Adults: €5.00
- Children up to 15 years: free of charge
COWS’ BALL PACKAGES:
To visit the Cow’s Ball, you can also take a train, organized buses or a panoramic boat.
TIMETABLES FOR FREE ORGANISED TRANSPORT TO THE EVENT: