”At the end of the world, where fairy tales are at home” – Zlatorog’s Fairytale Trail
Where is the end of the world and what is the Golden Horns Fairy Trail?
Along the fairy trail in Ukanc, you will find characters from local fairy tales. There are seven in Ukanc on the 2 km circular route, one in the car park at the Ukanc/Vogel/Slap Savica junction and another at the entrance to the Savica waterfall.
This is an unique event. It is something special. It takes place on a two-kilometre-long trail that leads you along the river, through the forest, across meadows and past Lake Bohinj. It’s quiet here all year round, with only the seven heroes of Bohinj fairy tales waiting for you with their wooden toys. On Fairytale Saturday, it’s lively, with around 30 stops along the way – around 30 opportunities for children to move, play, learn, create or just develop their senses.
Upon entering the fairytale trail, children are given a booklet with Bohinj fairytales, various mind games and stickers of fairytale characters.
An adult can walk the route in half an hour, but it is certainly not possible to experience everything in one day with children, even though the event starts at 9:30 and finishes at 14:00 every day. Come – learn new skills and take home good memories.
- 2 € per person
- children under 2 years: free
- GRATIS! All children up to 14. years receive a booklet and stickers of fairy tale characters
CUISINE AT THE EVENT
The cuisine will be provided by Restaurant Majer’ca and Restaurant Triglav.
Visit the event by public transport.
- Regular bus services from Ljubljana – Kranj – Radovljica – Bled to Ukanc and back (every hour),
- Free bus transport from Bohinjska Bistrica train station to Ukanc and back,
- Special panoramic boat ride from Ribčev Laz to Ukanc (departure 8:30).
- When buying a ticket for a panoramic boat, children up to 14. years old get a booklet of Zlatorog’s Fairytale Trail for free which is also valid as a ticket to the event.
FREE BUS TRANSPORT TO THE EVENT:
|Boh. Bistrica Train Station||09:10||14:18|
|Boh. Bistrica (Danica)||09:14||14:14|
- Kindergarten Bohinj (Dr. Janez Mencinger Primary School)
- in cooperation with Tourism Bohinj
- and Triglav National Park
Due to a bad weather forecast, the event was postponed from 28. 5. 2022.