Hot to get to Bohinj?
Transport options and other useful information. By car, train or bus. There are many possibilities for a trip to Bohinj.
- past Bled and through Soteska
- across Pokljuka
- from the Primorska region to Podbrdo and via Soriška planina/Bohinj tunnel.
Take a ride along the Bohinj railway line, one of the most picturesque and history-rich railway lines in Slovenia. You can also take a bike on the train.
- from Jesenice to Bohinjska Bistrica
- from Nova Gorica to Bohinjska Bistrica,
- from Bohinjska Bistrica you can continue your journey by bus or taxi
- timetable of Slovenian Railways
By car train
The car train runs on one of the most beautiful railway lines in Europe.
- The car train railway through Bohinj tunnel connects Bohinjska Bistrica with Podbrdo, Most na Soči and Nova Gorica, and thus also with Gorenjska and Primorska.
- It runs daily on the Bohinj railway.
- car train timetable
- When using the car train, make sure you are at the train station at least 20 minutes before departure.
Bohinj has a very good daily connection to the main bus station in Ljubljana. Choose a sustainable way to travel, for Bohinj in bloom.
- from Jesenice or Ljubljana along the route: Bled – Bohinjska Bistrica – Ribčev Laz
- bus timetable
- Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (50 km), then by rental car, taxi or bus
- to Ronchi Airport in Trieste (200 km), then by rental car or taxi
- Klagenfurt Airport (70 km), then by rental car, taxi or train