CAN I TRAVEL TO BOHINJ, SLOVENIA?
You can check out the current border information on the European Union website.
Can I get a test for coronavirus in Bohinj?
Due to voting and early voting in the legislative referendum on the Act Amending the Water Act
From Tuesday, July 6, to Sunday, July 11, 2021, testing for Covid-19 will take place in the CZ Bohinj container in front of the Health Center in Bohinjska Bistrica (across the road).
Thank you for your understanding.
In the Municipality of Bohinj, screening testing for SARS-Cov-2 with rapid antigen tests for the general population is carried out from 7 am to 10 am on Fridays and Sundays.
- Testing takes place in the lobby of the Jože Ažman Cultural Center.
- Citizens wishing to be tested must bring an identity document and a health card. They must wear a mask and maintain a safety distance of at least 2 meters in the queue.
- Healthy people with no signs of infection can come for mass testing. In case of signs of infection, it is necessary to register for testing through a personal doctor.
For all asymptomatic citizens, there is also the possibility of free testing for the new coronavirus every Tuesday from 12 noon to 2 pm and every Thursday from 1 pm to 2 pm at the Bohinjska Bistrica Health Center.
VISITORS OF BOHINJ CAN ALSO BE TESTED in ZD Bohinj (Triglavska cesta 15, 4264 Bohinjska Bistrica)
They just need to bring an identity document.
Schedule form July 1, 2021 onwards:
After July 1, 2021 there will be a new schedule of faster testing with the possibility of obtaining a certificate for crossing the border.
Preliminary testing on rapid SARS-Cov-2 antigen tests for the general population will be possible at:
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays from 8.00 – 10.00 in the Jože Ažman Cultural center
Testing will be free. If you also want a certificate for crossing the border, you will have to pay €20.
- Info centre Bohinj
- Estimated opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 08:00 to 19:00, on Sunday from 09:00 to 15:00
- LD turizem
- Estimated opening hours: Monday to Friday between 9:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 18:00, Saturday from 9:00 to 15:00, Sunday from 9:00 to 12:00.
Which sights can I visit?
- The boat is running every day according to the spring timetable.
- Special promotion at the beginning of the season:
– for FAMILIES: one child from 7 to 14 years old receives a ticket for FREE.
- Additional information: Panoramic boat
MOSTNICA GORGE AND WATERFALL VOJE
- The circular path through the Mostnica Gorge is open.
- Entrance fee: 3 EUR for adults and 1.50 EUR for children between 7-14 years (payment is possible only in cash)
- Additional information: Mostnica Gorge and Voje Valley
- The path to the Savica Waterfall is open
- Estimated opening hours: Monday – Sunday from 9:30 to 16:00 (the path is closed in case of bad weather or natural hazards)
- Entrance fee: 3 EUR for adults and 1.50 EUR for children between 7-14 years (payment is possible with cash and payment card)
- To make your visit to the Savica waterfall more pleasant and safer, please follow the recommendations of the National Institute of Public Health.
- Additional information: Savica Waterfall.
- All museums in Bohinj are open: learn about 3000 years of Bohinj history in the Tomaž Godec Museum in Bohinjska Bistrica, the history of cheese-making in the Bohinj mountains in the Alpine Dairy Farming Museum in Stara Fužina and see the Museum of Residential Culture in the Oplen House in Studor
- Estimated opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday between 10:00 and 18:00.
- Admission: 3.50 EUR for adults and 2.50 EUR for children between 6-14 years (payment is possible with cash); you can also use the combined ticket 2 + 1 = 3
Instructions for visitors:
- Before entering, all visitors must wear a protective mask
- Museums must be entered individually at a distance of at least 2 m and your hands must be disinfected
- Only healthy people should enter the premises of museums or galleries
- 20 m2 is provided per visitor
- An interpersonal distance of at least 2 m should be maintained at all times in all areas
- The direction of the tour (preferably circular) is clearly marked around the exhibition spaces
FREE SUMMER TRANSPORTATION IN BOHINJ
- Free P + R transfers are available from 19.6. – 26. 9.
- A timetable leaflet is available at this link.
PARKING AND FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN BOHINJ
- ATTENTION! Park only on marked car parks
- Details on occupancy, prices and opening hours are available on the promet.bohinj.si website
HIKING AND MOUNTAIN HUTS
Attention: Due to snowfall, most hiking trails are partially or completely impassable and dangerous.
- We recommend visiting the mountains in small groups and following safety recommendations
- We also ask visitors to go to the mountains with common sense and to adapt their hiking tours to their abilities and the equipment they have.
- More information: Hiking in Bohinj, Mountaineering Association of Slovenia
What safety recommendations should be followed:
- In addition to other equipment, keep a protective mask and disinfectant in your backpack
- Due to the declared epidemic, mountain rescue takes place in special conditions and, taking into account all protocols, the intervention time from the call of mountain rescuers to the arrival of the victim is significantly extended, even if the injured person is on a mountain trail.
- All the injured must be treated as if they were infected with COVID-19, and under this assumption, the helicopter crew may refuse transport if rescue by helicopter is possible at all (weather, wind or mountain conditions).
- Mountain trails can be damaged, as the activity of trail builders (torn steel cables, damaged individual parts due to erosion activity and the consequences of winter …) has also stopped since the epidemic was declared.
- Due to erosion (snow, cold, temperature fluctuations …), which is especially active in the spring, the possibility of falling rocks is increased, especially where the paths run under the walls.