Parking and public transport
You can check on the map the location and availability of car parks, parking charges, timetables of free shuttle services and possible road closures. Take advantage of free organised transport and the benefits of the Julian Alps – Bohinj Card.
- Parking is only allowed on marked parking spaces (Ordinance on the traffic regime in the area of Lake Bohinj, Official Gazette of the Municipality of Bohinj No.5/08-UPB1, 1/09, 3/10, 3/11, 2/12).
- Overnight, motorhomes can park only in designated parking lots: at the railway station in Bohinjska Bistrica and the Senožeta parking lot in Srednja vas, as well as at the Danica and Bohinj campsites.
- Two information boards are placed in front of Bohinjska Bistrica and at the entrance to Ribčev Laz to inform visitors about the occupancy of the car parks and direct them to the free parking spaces.
- We ask stationary guests to leave their vehicles with their hosts during their stay and to use public transport, which is free for Julian Alps – Bohinj Card holders, and bicycles to discover Bohinj.
- If you have any problems with the operation of parking machines, parking cards or paying the parking fee, a help and support service is available during the opening hours of the car parks from 6 am to 8 pm on +386 (0)51 304 169.
- For car parks P7, P8 and the Stara Fužina – Voje – Vogar – Blato road, please call +386 (0)70 710 085.
- All information related to the traffic regime in Bohinj, including answers to frequently asked questions, can be found on the website promet.bohinj.si.
FREE TRANSPORT IN THE SUMMER SEASON 2022
RESPONSIBLE TOURISM AND MOBILITY
Bohinj’s remarkable beauty is not a given. Every action we take leaves its imprint on the environment. Together, we can make sure that our personal values and positive attitude towards nature are also reflected in our travel habits. Make the most of the opportunities to reduce traffic congestion at the most visited tourist spots in all seasons.
Julian Alps: Bohinj Card
- Parking card + benefits card
- For guests of the partner providers of Tourism Bohinj who stay at least 2 nights in Bohinj
- More information about the Julian Alps: Bohinj Card
Other parking cards
- Friends of Bohinj Card: 150 €
- Card for owners of holiday homes and apartments: 30 €
- Card for citizens: 10 €
- Details on parking and parking cards
Summer: free shuttle services
Help us take the pressure off the hottest tourist spots and save money at the same time. Get to Bohinj by public transport, or leave your car in the free or very affordable parking lots away from the lake and take a free organised shuttle to the starting point during the summer season.
Julian Alps – Bohinj Card holders can also get around Bohinj for free on regular bus routes.
Winter: Ski bus + Bohinj-ski train
During the winter season, the Ski Bus takes you to the ski slopes, free of charge for holders of the Julian Alps – Bohinj Winter BASIC and PREMIUM Card, and for Bohinj residents, for all those who arrive for skiing by train.
Free ski bus rides are also available to all those who purchase the Bohinj Train package.
In Bohinj: regular buses
You also contribute to nature conservation by your choice of transport. Choose a bus and go practically anywhere.
- Timetable finder: Arriva.si
- Timetable finder: Ljubljana bus station
- free travel and benefits for Julian Alps: Bohinj card holders
- details on the website promet.bohinj.si
- additional summer lines to Slapa Savica and Soriška planina
Instead of using cars, choose greener solutions: panoramic boat, cycling, hiking