With cable car to Vogel Viewpoint (1532 m)
Panoramic cable car ride and spectacular views
The Vogel ski resort and viewpoint is named after the 1923-metre-high mountain in the south-eastern part of the Julian Alps. The cable car takes you to Brown Rock, 1000 metres above Lake Bohinj, at an altitude of 1535 metres. From there you can enjoy an unforgettable view of the Bohinj Basin with Lake Bohinj. You can also admire the Julian Alps and its highest peak, Triglav.
What can you explore and experience here?
- Vogel Information Trail
- Panoramic ride on the Orlove Glave quad chair
- Hike to Zadnji Vogel alpine meadow
- Archaeological sites and the Iron Route on Vogel
- Touring anthills
- The Lopata primeval forest
- The Vogel Mountain Bike park
- Paragliding flight
- Hiking trails and starting points
- The colourful world of animals and plants
- Podrobnosti in dodatne informacije najdete na spletni strani Vogel Ski Centre
- An affordable package in combination with other Bohinj attractions is available: the Bohinj Package
- For a best Vogel experience, we recommend hiring a guide
- Access to the top station of the Vogel Upper Station is also disabled-friendly
Vogel in the green season
If you are a hiking enthusiast, we recommend the Vogel as an excellent starting point for shorter and longer hikes in the high mountains Or just take a stroll around the new information trail, where you can learn about the historical and natural history of the Vogel.
You can even see a real primeval forest called Lopata , or take a four-seater to the Orlove glave and ring the wishing bell. In any case, fantastic views of the Julian Alps and Bohinj await you at every turn.
You can see for yourself (and with your own taste buds) the benefits of traditional cheese-making on the Zadnji Vogel alpine meadow, and in between, you can also give your attention to a mischievous goat, a curious sheep or a free-roaming cow.
And don’t forget to enjoy some tasty food and drinks along the way. We particularly recommend dishes and products of industrial design certified with the Bohinjsko/From Bohinjbrand.
If the night gets too long for you, the Vogel will be happy to provide you with a comfortable bed.
Vogel in Winter
In winter, the Vogel turns into a renowned alpine ski resort with natural snow and fantastic views. They offer a wide range of winter activities to suit all tastes(skiing, snowboarding, touring, free skiing, tobogganing, winter paragliding) and skill levels. Toddlers can always enjoy the free children’s park, and those who love daring acrobatics can enjoy the snowboard park
You can rent or buy equipment, and the service centre will get your skis ready for safe skiing. Experienced instructors will help you learn or refresh your skills and teach you new tricks for the white slopes.
Some hiking ideas and useful links for exploring the Vogel.