INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT POKLJUKA
- Pokljuka is a high karst plateau on the eastern edge of Triglav National Park.
- It lies at an elevation of around 1.200 and 1.500 m.
- The plateau is known for its forests and mountain pastures (Javornik, Lipanca, Uskovnica, Zajamniki, etc.)
- Many birch and fir trees were chopped down in the 18th century for the iron foundries in Bohinj.
- Administratively, it belongs to the municipalities of Bled, Bohinj, and Gorje.
- Elevation, clean and fresh air and energetic points have beneficial effects on health and well-being.
- A rugged surface of hidden shafts, overgrown potholes and valleys is a remnant of the activity of the Pokljuka glacier.
- Glacier left behind the Pokljuka bogs and marshy, difficult to pass forest areas. The bogs belong to the most southern high bogs in Europe.
PARADISE FOR EVERYONE THAT LOVE ACTIVITIES IN NATURE – ALL YEAR ROUND
From green Spring to colourful Autumn
- Cycling (more than 80 km of intersecting forest trails)
- Hikind and mountaineering (throughout the year)
- Nordic walking (workshops and guided hikes)
- Biathlon shooting Športni center Triglav Pokljuka
- Thematic trails: Goreljek Peat-Bog Nature Trail
Winter fairy tale
- Cross-country skiing: Športni center Triglav Pokljuka
- Ski slopes: Športni center Triglav Pokljuka, Družinski športni center Pokljuka, Smučišče Viševnik
- Tobogganing: Družinski športni center Pokljuka
- Ski touring (starting point: Smučišče Viševnik)